Social Media Disclaimer
This information and advice published or made available through this web
site is not intended to replace the services of a physician, nor does
it constitute a doctor-patient relationship. Information on this web site
is provided for informational purposes only and is not a substitute for
professional medical advice.
We encourage your comments on Good Samaritan Hospital’s various social
media sites, and hope you will join the discussions. We can't respond
to every comment, particularly those that deal with individual medical
cases and issues. We review posted comments and those that are off-topic
or clearly promoting a commercial product generally won't make the
cut. We also expect a basic level of civility; disagreements are fine,
but mutual respect is a must, and profanity or abusive language are out-of-bounds.
That's the plain English version. Here it is in legal language:
By posting any comments, posts or other material on Good Samaritan Hospital-sponsored
social media sites, you give Good Samaritan Hospital ("Good Samaritan")
the irrevocable right to reproduce, distribute, publish, display, edit,
modify, create derivative works from, and otherwise use your submission
for any purpose in any form and on any media. You also agree that you will not:
- Post material that infringes on the rights of any third party, including
intellectual property, privacy or publicity rights.
- Post material that is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, threatening, harassing,
abusive, slanderous, hateful, or embarrassing to any other person or entity
as determined by Good Samaritan Hospital in its sole discretion.
- Post advertisements or solicitations of business.
- Post chain letters or pyramid schemes.
- Impersonate another person.
- Allow any other person or entity to use your identification for posting
or viewing comments.
- Post the same note more than once or "spam."
- Post someone else’s health information or any information that would
violate patient privacy.
Good Samaritan Hospital reserves the right (but is not obligated) to do
any or all of the following:
- Remove communications that are abusive, illegal or disruptive, or that
otherwise fail to conform with these Terms and Conditions.
- Remove the name of an employee, physician, volunteer or affiliate with
Good Samaritan Hospital that is identified in a post to ensure privacy.
- Terminate a user's access to the social media sites feature upon any
breach of these Terms and Conditions.
- Edit or delete any communications posted on the social media sites, regardless
of whether such communications violate these standards.
Finally, you agree that you will indemnify Good Samaritan Hospital against
any damages, losses, liabilities, judgments, costs or expenses (including
reasonable attorneys' fees and costs) arising out of a claim by a
third party relating to any material you have posted.